Curated Cranks are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
How do we collect personal information about you?
We obtain personal information about you that you provide to us through our website, emails, phone conversations, and or documents you provide to us.
For example when you:
- Browse on our website
- Register on our website,
- Use our services to buy and or sell products on our website
What type of personal information is collected?
The information we collect from you might include (but is not limited to) your name, address, email address, phone number and any other information you choose to provide to us.
The information we collect through our website using automated technical means includes: IP address, login information and location data. We also collect information about your website visit.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We review our retention periods for personal data on a regular basis. Outside of specific statutory obligations, we will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant purposes for which we use it.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use the information that you directly provide to us in the following ways:
- We may use your details for the purpose of carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and Curated Cranks, such as providing you with products and services you have requested.
- We may use your details to provide you with information you have requested from us, respond to enquiries or requests from you, communicate with you in relation to those enquiries or requests.
- We may use your details to provide you with information regarding similar goods and services to those you have already enquired about or purchased.
- Where you have entered into a contract with us or we have provided you with services, we may use your details to ask for your feedback about the services we have provided to you.
- We may use your details to send you marketing communications. These may include information about Curated Cranks products and services, promotions or offers.
- We may use the information that we automatically collect using technical means through our website to:
- Administer our site and for troubleshooting, testing, research and statistical purposes. We use Google Analytics, a third-party website monitoring tool.
Who has access to information?
We may share your personal information with other users of our website in order for us to introduce a registered seller and a registered buyer. We do not share more personal information with them than is necessary.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
Security precautions in place to protect your information
We take appropriate technical and organisational precautions to secure your personal information and prevent its loss, misuse or alteration. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The transmission of unencrypted (or inadequately encrypted) data over the internet is inherently insecure, and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security of data sent between us over the internet.
Cookies allow us to provide important site functionality so you don’t have to re-enter lots of information. They also allow us to remember what links and pages you have been or viewed during a session. This helps us deliver a better, more personalised service to you.
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those organisations or the content of their websites.
You should read the privacy policies of these organisations before providing them with any personal information.
Review of this Policy
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner's Office website at www.ico.org.uk